Sunday, July 31, 2011

The day has passed too quickly. Granted i slept in till 11... Ive been weaving branches collected yesterday into circles... Wishing I had sinu to weave them into dream catchers... I tried weaving grasses into rope sitting on the brick wall in the back yard. It just turned out to be far too thick for my purposes... SO i quit that idea for now and moved onto pulling teeth. Ive had a scull for a while with four teeth lodged in the jawbone... I liberated the four to find them hollow and broken and again unusable for my purposes... So im feeling a bit defeated.

Today, i also resolved to eat nothing but fruits and vegetables... strawberries and an orange for breakfast (along with a good helping of whining), an apple for a snack, and the best so far green beans and roasted carrots for lunch. What could be better than a roasted carrot, I ask you? Nothing. just nothing. But the bucket of potatoes has been sitting on the counter and eyeing me ALL DAY!

Now I need to rake up the dead cut and dry grass from our freshly mowed lawn... clean the kitchen... bathe... and get ready to go look at a 20 acre property for sale just a 1/2 hour from here. Not exactly what we're looking for, but worth checking out all the same.

I have always liked to wear Stephens shoes when he isnt here. My favorites are his rain boots... Which ive been wearing all morning.

3 comments:

  1. hee hee! I do the same shoe thing! I also wear his shirts, but only after he wears them first...love having his smell around when he's not home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ever happened with the 20 acre property? I want acreage so desperatly - I live through others who can actually get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Right now this is where I stand with that (aside from in a deep puddle of stress- just being honest)... We just couldn't come up with the $16,000 down payment for an outright loan. So instead of renting our current home to my brother in law (which was the plan) we are trying to sell it to them. We have multiple things to fix up here before that can happen... So that is number one on the list. We hav eput in a loan application to be pre approved once we get the money from this house (it wont be the total sum because we have a lean from the past owner to pay off :( which sucks) so we're fixing up, waiting on the loan pre approval, then comes the inspection., and the brother in laws loan application... then, FINALLY, we will be able to make an offer. Phew! Its a lot. But im remaining hopeful that we will be spending this Christmas in our new (old) 1880's 22 acre farmhouse!

    ReplyDelete